This is was our lovely kitchen. Very large cabinets, able to
fit a lot of dishes and food...maybe a little too much.
I opened the cupboard door to get some cereal and the whole entire cabinet came crashing down on top of me. I was quite shocked and the screaming did not only come from the kids. I felt a little bad for reacting the way I did. The kids were so scared as they were right there in the kitchen with me, and I immediately took them over to the couch to comfort them. We were all quite shaken up, but managed to have some breakfast and get out the door in time for school.
Obviously there is a bigger problem here. Something leaking from upstairs
has slowly rotted the ceiling. A little concerning!
We were well taken care of by wonderful people. Dawn Meyers, who is quite resourceful I must say, took control of the situation and managed to get the word out to the people who needed to know. Pa Bisner, the "jack-of-all-trades" maintenance guy, came to the house to take some pictures and help clean up. A friend offered to watch Jolene and another friend had me over for some toast and tea.
For now we will live without a cabinet. The contractor will be coming on Monday and will hopefully look for the source of the problem and begin working on it. I believe it may take some time, so we will be patient. Surprisingly I am feeling a bit sore all over, probably from the effort put forth to actually keeping it off of me. Once again, so thankful that it did not land on the kids.
I really enjoyed reading your blog Danielle.Nice
ReplyDeletepics of the kids. It must be hard to get used to being away from family and friends. Quite the episode with your kitchen cupboards!