This was the first time Paul and I ever got to experience a three week holiday for our Christmas break and, of course, we took advantage of it. Just like during the summer, Paul did his research and I put my trust in him to take us on another amazing trip. There are so many things I appreciate about Paul, but the one thing I admire, is his sense of knowing what is right for our family and what isn't. Our kids can handle just about anything (so it seems) so Paul is not necessarily limited and bound to our three young children, but he has a sense of what we would all enjoy as a family.
I will probably use three or four blogs to share pictures of our trip. It is so hard to pick and choose which pictures to post, so feel free to skim through at the pace that suits you.
We set out at 3:45 a.m. Sunday morning after school was finished. Not an ideal time for flying with kids, but on the plus side, there is no traffic to deal with. Our first stop was Bangkok, Thailand. We spent one night and were able to spend the evening before and the whole next day exploring what we could of this city. I wasn't expecting too much, but I enjoyed our short stay very much. It was a great start to our trip.
We discovered green space, which included a park for the kids to play on...
a pond to go boating on...
live music....
and friendly kids who wanted to practice their English.
This was probably the only milk we drank the whole trip and Jolene and Paul had
most of it as we visited the temples in Bangkok.
Our little photographer
Boat Trip
Extremely steep stairs
Leaving Bangkok on the Night Train. What a great way to travel!
Arrived just outside of Laos after a good nights rest on the train.
What a chilly morning, but so refreshing!
Once we arrived in Vientiane, Laos we explored the small capital city.
Enjoying lunch at a Cafe.
There is a lot of French influence, so we got to enjoy sandwiches
on fresh baguettes and some poutine.
If you can't get a real tree, you might as well make one with beer bottles!
Enjoying time by the riverside as the sun goes down. One of the top things to do in Vientiane.
And the night market!
Negotiating
Another temple visit just before leaving Vientiane.
Next stop: Vang Vieng, Laos
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments: