A couple of weekends ago, Indonesia celebrated Chinese New Year, thus giving us a long weekend to enjoy. We spent most of it taking it easy, but we decided to venture out to a water park in Jakarta at Ancol Dreamland on the Saturday. It ended up being a beautiful day, which is unpredictable in rainy season, and the kids loved it. We enjoyed the wave pool, lazy river, a couple of water slides and a few other fun water attractions for the kids.
Now, I don't post this to make my Ontario friends and family jealous. I post this because I think it is so wonderful that we get the opportunity to enjoy the warm outdoors while so many of our close friends and family are under feet of snow and freezing their butts off. Just for the record, I am starting to feel sorry for you guys and hope that spring comes real soon.
Ancol Dreamland

 |
| This was part of Ancol Dreamland, kind of scary if you ask me. |
Atlantis Water Park
 |
| This dragon was "resting" just after the Chinese New Year Parade, which we missed. |
After a day at the water park we enjoyed a nice dinner and a walk along the pier.
 |
| I mention "outdoor" because there are not many! |
 |
| A very cool outdoor park on the pier! |
 |
Yes, I know this is distasteful amongst so many cheerful pictures, but it is hard to get over the amount of garbage that is all over the place. I wonder if the efforts we make in North America are worth it when some countries are not even able to make the effort. Where would they even start?! |
Once again, enjoying what Jakarta has to offer, and loving it!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments: